If you’ve ever thought about moving to Los Angeles to pursue a creative career, today’s episode will give you a glimpse into that world. I talk with six creators about what it takes to turn art into your job, while staying motivated and creatively fulfilled.
In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Candy Emberley, game composer and music copyist (Star Wars, The Simpsons, etc.)
- Jake Monaco, film and TV composer (Frozen, Keeping Up with the Joneses, etc.)
- Toby Hulse, Senior Sound Designer / Mixer at Disney Interactive
- Brandon Laatsch, VR game developer at Stress Level Zero (Hover Junkers)
- Rich Vreeland (aka Disasterpeace), game and film composer (FEZ, It Follows, Hyperlight Drifter)
- Filmmaker Jeffrey Schwinghammer